Sunday, November 2, 2008

Handball

Well, I took part in a handball competition... (at Tengku Afzan)
Actually I didn have the teeny-weeny, slightest idea how to play handball...
Well, it turned out dat it was easier than all d games I played in my whole life...
The 1st time I saw this game was during the olympics... There was 2 goals and a small blurry object which I hardly can see clearly called the +ball+..
Actually, the game was going too fast n the speed of the ball was crazy...
Ppl were running n throwing something, and b4 I knew it, it was 10:15...
Well, it was the olympics, n they were profesionals...
And our standard was not what u call high...
So after watching a youtube clip about handball with my fren, I was quite worried and my knowledge about handball increased only 7%...
I thought everyone had to leap in front of the goal n somehow miraculously throw the ball in...
It was not so bad until I saw the thrower landing not on his feet... It was like a hollywood stunt and not wat I call graceful....

Anyway, I decided to give it a try (actually I daftar dy n pai seh to cancel)...
So, I went on wif my crazy plan.... Luckily I was not alone.... Thank God 4 my fren hu was crazy enuf to join me juz to get a certificate....
B4 the match, I, as usual, had my usual-worried-bad-feeling-which-causes-me-to-throw-up kind of feeling... And believe me... I was worried sick to my stomach....

D moment the green shirt referee blew the whistle, my mind was in zero-space...
My player instincts took over (thank God, or I would look like a lost chicken running across Jalan Air Putih)...
Well, what happened next I was not so sure, and b4 I knew it, the score was 3;o...
YaY!! (we were 3 by d way) So d next 2 matches went on well... N we won all matches and was qualified 4 d finals.... Yi-PEE!!!!

BUT....
My happy self-satisfied feelings didn last long after I found out hu our next opponent was...
It was Viek Vian n Wei Wah!! N believe me, their animal instincts were greater than a mother tiger.... N with both of them on the same team...... (too scary to describe)
Well, but things had to move on... So wif 11% determination n 89% worries... The game started...
Things were not looking so well during the first few minutes they had already scored a few goals... N we were a big fat 0...
Not dat it was unexpected or wat.... Well, what was REALLY UNEXPECTED was, we managed to score one goal..... G-O-A-L!!!!!!!!

N.........So.................
After uncountable times of falling n rolling on the wet grassy field... D final score was....
*1:4*...... (O-K.. We were the 1.. So wat??)

I did counted the times I fell n times I rolled___
Times I fell=4
Times I rolled=2
Times I felt like fainting= uncountable
Times I felt proud of myself=1 ( well mayb nt so few, but I duwana luk so syok sendiri)

So,,,, the match ended, N we got 2nd place...
"Well," I thought to myself, "Not bad 4 a first time player"...
N during the ceremony I got a silver trophy.... Woo-Hooo!!! It's been a long time since I won any trophies... Since standard 4....

But, u noe, winning isn't everything.. The purpose this competition was held was actually to mengeratkan hubungan pelajar..... So, it kinda work, and I found a few frens hu was very nice... Yay!! Cheers to them!!! ^^

List of ppl I would like to thank:
1) the person hu dared to join dis competition wif me, even though we both had no idea bout bola baling...
2) the kind GPK koko of SMK Tengku Afzan hu gave a wonderful speech to us....
3) The new fren I met hu was so nice to us n did made us feel left out or lost....
4) the teachers frm air putih hu took care of us during d competition...
5) the green shirt referee hu burped VERY loudly n brighten up my day...

THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH!!!!!^^

So, I will end here.... thx for reading even though u felt like sleeping in the middle of my blog...

THANKS TO THE READERS TOO!!!! Give them a BIG round of applause!!!!!


_end_

No comments: